September 21st, 2014 International Day of Peace September 22nd, 2014 Emancipation Day September 22nd, 2014 Autumnal equinox September 25th, 2014 Rosh Hashana September 25th, 2014 World Maritime Day September 27th, 2014 World Tourism Day September 28th, 2014 World Rabies Day September 28th, 2014 Gold Star Mother's Day September 28th, 2014 World Heart Day October 1st, 2014 International Day of Older Persons October 2nd, 2014 International Day of Non-Violence October 4th, 2014 Feast of St Francis of Assisi October 4th, 2014 Yom Kippur October 5th, 2014 Eid-al-Adha October 5th, 2014 World Teachers' Day October 6th, 2014 Child Health Day October 6th, 2014 World Habitat Day October 8th, 2014 World Day for Natural Disaster Reduction October 9th, 2014 World Sight Day October 9th, 2014 First day of Sukkot October 9th, 2014 World Post Day October 9th, 2014 Leif Erikson Day October 10th, 2014 World Mental Health Day October 11th, 2014 International Day of the Girl Child October 13th, 2014 Native Americans' Day October 13th, 2014 Indigenous People's Day October 13th, 2014 Columbus Day October 15th, 2014 White Cane Safety Day October 15th, 2014 International Day of Rural Women October 15th, 2014 Last day of Sukkot October 16th, 2014 World Food Day October 16th, 2014 Shmini Atzeret/Simchat Torah October 16th, 2014 Boss's Day October 17th, 2014 World Day for Poverty Eradication October 17th, 2014 'Alaska Day' observed October 18th, 2014 Alaska Day
17th Century Spanish Baroque Wooden Holy Child With The Ball. For Sale
Striking Spanish Baroque Wooden Child With The Ball Sculpture From The 16th Century.
Very antique Spanish wooden sculpture depicting Infant Jesus with the Globe in his hand. This is an original polychrome carving from the 17th century. It is a very antique and highly appealing piece, an iconographic representation known as “Niño de la Bola” or “Santo Niño de la Bola” (Holy Child with the Ball). These sculptures are representations of Jesus Christ as Infant Jesus carrying a ball in his hand that symbolizes the World. In this particular piece the ball and the hand is missing, but the figure still preserves all its charming and beautiful presence though hundreds of years have passed by since it was made.
The Child is standing on an anvil-shaped wooden pedestal, not from the same period but probably from the 18th Century. The figure depicts a completely naked child who is lifting his right hand in a blessing pose. The fingers of this hand are missing and so is the left hand that in origin would carry the Globe. The rest of the sculpture is almost complete, and some points have been attacked by antique woodworm, as most of these antique sculptures, and that was treated long time ago. The woodworm is completely eradicated.
This sculpture keeps more than the fifty per cent of its surface covered by stucco and temple painting used to embellish this kind of pieces. The skin’s delicate color shows light shades of pink in some places such as the lips and cheeks. This sculpture is a charming piece. The figure’s back also keeps most of its paint; the covering is missing mostly at the front left side of the piece.
This amazing sculpture is a real collector’s piece because of its ancient age and great beauty. It deserves a place of honor in an elegant room or a stylish house.
Measurements: Width: 340 mm. Height: 780 mm.
I think I left nothing in the description but if I forgot something, I'll be glad to answer any questions. offer with confidence. We are professional antique dealers.
For any questions about this or any other article you can contact me through or by calling +34 976 45 39 31. We are open from 9 am to 8 pm Madrid time.
Thanks for trusting me and enjoy !
My name is José Pascual, and I am an antique dealer located in Zaragoza, Spain, which is a medium size city between Madrid and Barcelona. If you have any question, send me an email and I will gladly answer you. Enjoy my articles and I hope we keep in touch.
Best wishes from Spain."
José Pascual Aznar
CLICK here to see my other items
BUY SAFELY WITH US
As important is to win the sale as what happens afterwards. Our work is not complete until you receive your item safely in your home.
- We are a 5 Stars Seller, which means that , certify that we have achieved the highest standards of quality in the service we offer. - We certify that our products are 100% originals. Otherwise we undertake to refund of the purchase. - We certify that the description and dating of the article that we give is 100% accurate. Otherwise also, we pledge to refund of the purchase. - This article will be perfectly packed so that it arrives in excellent condition. We pay full attention that you receive your article perfectly. We treat the article as if it were going to be sent to ourselves. Shipments are made with the best transport agencies worldwide, with the possibility of express delivery and insured. All shipments have tracking number via the Internet, so that at all times we know where your package is. Some articles as antique weapons, can not be sent by ordinary mail. We will contact you once the sale is ended, to specify the type of delivery.
Shipping performed in association with
WE GUARANTEE YOUR ACQUISITION
Investing in antiques is always a nice way to profitable your money. Many collectors have became millionairs. If you are starting a collection, follow these important tips:
- If you want to invest in antiques, always choose original pieces and avoid reproductions. A reproduction loses half of its value in the same minute that you are purchasing it, while an original antique gains value each passing day. This is an original antique and its value will continue growing tomorrow.
- Read and learn about for area of interest: swords, clocks, phonographs, antique photos, old silver, technical antiques, typewriters... Invest in books as much as in your collection and learn as much as you can. If you keep your collecction catalogued, you will increase its value.
- Keep yourself informed about the market prices in your area of interest. There are many sources but mainly, visit as many fairs as you can, research in the Internet and read the final sales prices in the traditional sale houses.
- Finally... Collect antiques, not junk. It is always better a small collection with excellent pieces than a huge collection of junk, rusty irons and broken machines. Select your pieces. There is not a goal to reach, so take the pleasure in in the process of your treasure hunting. A collection should be something to enjoy, and there is many interesting pieces out there and very few time to enjoy them, so be selective with your choices.
If you follow these simple steps you will be in the correct direction to develop an excellent collection, whatever is your area of interest and, for me the most important of all, enjoying the process
Meanwhile, we are in touch.
WE ARE HERE
View Larger Map
This item has been shown 1640 times.
17th Century Spanish Baroque Wooden Holy Child With The Ball. : $5,000