2011 $20 Fine Silver Coin- Tulip With Glass Ladybug 0531/5000
This item has been shown 0 times.
2011 $20 Fine Silver Coin- Tulip With Glass Ladybug 0531/5000:
2011 $20 FINE SILVER COIN – TULIP WITH LADYBUG
Canada’s gift from Holland – and a welcomed Spring visitor
Every spring, tulips from Holland bloom in Canada’s capital, which is the home of the world’s largest tulip festival. Not only are the flowers a telltale sign of spring, they are the symbol of friendship between nations. In 1945-46, Holland presented over 100,000 prized tulip bulbs to Canada in thanks for Canada welcoming Holland’s Crown Princess and her daughters in 1940, and for Canadian soldiers’ efforts to liberate Holland during the Second World War.
In 1940, Queen Wilhelmina sent Crown Princess Juliana out of harm’s way to Canada. On 19 January 1943, the only royal baby ever born in North America was born in a room at the Ottawa Civic Hospital. The birth was greeted with hope and strengthened the ties of friendship between Canadians and the Dutch.
If you’re lucky, you may spot a pretty, brightly-coloured ladybug inhabiting a vibrant tulip in the spring. Both are warmly welcomed by gardeners as harbingers of spring. The two also share a unique relationship. The ladybug uses the tulip as shelter from predators and as a source of sustenance; much like how Canada was to the Dutch Princesses. In return, the ladybug-one of nature’s most effective pesticides-keeps garden plants and flowers healthy throughout the growing season.
- World’s first coin to feature an embellishment of high-quality, prized Venetian glass.
- Each Venetian glass ladybug is handcrafted by a master glass-maker and artist in Murano, Italy.
- Each 99.99% pure silver coin showcases the intricate beauty of a unique glass ladybug perched upon a coloured tulip.
- Face Value: 20 dollars
- Mintage: 5,000
- Composition: 99.99% pure silver
- Weight (g): 31.39
- Diameter (mm): 38
- Edge: Serrated
- Finish: Proof with colour, embedded Murano glass ladybug
- Certificate: Serialized
- Artists: RCM engravers (coin), Giuliano Donnagio (ladybug)
- Coin is encapsulated and presented in a maroon clamshell case lined with flock and protected by a black sleeve.
Advertising date: April 25, 2011
Launch date: May 2, 2011
I reserve the right not to sell to freight forwarding company's or third party representatives.