7 New Orleans Mardi Gras Bacchus Tokens Coins 1977 1986 1999(2) 2000(3)
This item has been shown 1 times.
7 New Orleans Mardi Gras Bacchus Tokens Coins 1977 1986 1999(2) 2000(3):
- Photo 1 - Seven New Orleans Mardi Gras aluminum tokens all have the same image on the obverse, the god Bacchus drinking from a goblet of wine. The inscription reads "BACCHUS" across the top, "MARDI GRAS-NEW ORLEANS" at bottom left and the date 1986 at upper right.
- Photos 2-3 - The reverse of the silver tone token from 1977 pictures a knight on a unicorn in front of a castle, and is inscribed "Happily Ever After"
- Photos 4-5 - The token from 1986 is gold tone. The reverse shows a saxophone, a trolley car, and other symbolic icons of New Orleans with "NEW ORLEANS WE LOVE YOU" at upper left
- Photos 6-8 - The three tokens from 2000 have an interesting "spilled wine" finish that give each a unique appearance. The reverse illustration shows "MILESTONES TO THE MILLENIUM," from the Louisiana Purchase, through the electric light and automobile, to computers and the First Man on the Moon
- Photos 9-11 - The two 1999 black coins (hard to photograph) have a Roman helmet on the reverse with the inscription "RIDING LIEUTENANT/A TRIBUTE TO JULES VERNE"
- Please read the entire description and see all photos of the actual items you will receive to help determine that the condition is suitable to your needs
Payment by 9 am Pacific Time (sometimes later) ships the same day, all others ship next business day. If not paid in 4 days, 's Unpaid Item Assistant opens an unpaid item case.