Brass & Aluminium Metal Restoration Polishing Kit T Bring Back The Mirror Finish
This item has been shown 14160 times.
Brass & Aluminium Metal Restoration Polishing Kit T Bring Back The Mirror Finish:
Mouse over to preview BRASS & ALUMINIUM METAL RESTORATION POLISHING KIT T
View response on this item Description
Kit T : an excellent kit for all non-ferrous metal restoration and polishing.
Bring shine and life back to your old dull metal. brass, aluminium and other metals.
1 BAR OF BROWN COMPOUND - for the first polishing stage (use with the dry sisals)
1 BAR OF BLUE COMPOUND - The blue bar is for the mirror finish and final polish (use with the softer mops)
3 OFF 3" DIAMETER DOLLY MOPS IN HARD, MEDIUM AND SOFT
3 OFF 4" DIAMETER MOPS IN HARD, MEDIUM AND SOFT
1 OFF TAPER SPINDLE WITH 6MM SHANK - 6mm shank is idea for use in a drill - easy and simple to use.
Use With a standard drill or air toolVideo About Us | Payment | Shipping & Returns | FAQ's | Contact Us About Us
Moleroda Finishing Systems Ltd is a manufacturer and supplier of specialist deburring and polishing tools and equipment. We are one of the last companies in Europe to produce felts and abrasives for the finishing industry.
The company started over 30 years ago with one product, Moleroda paste. This family run company has grown steadily to manufacture felts and abrasives for industries as diverse as medial implants, jewellery, sculpture and aerospace (to name but a few) in their Wiltshire factory.
The team at Moleroda believe in quality British made productsas well as carefully selected tools from other trusted manufacturers. Giving our customers all the help we can using ourextensive experience, providing the full finishing solution be it automated (with the addition of Vibratory Finishing Systems and Media to our range) or by hand.Payment
We accept payments made via
- Paypal - Immediate payments taken either from yourPaypal balance or credit/debit card
- PaypalEcheques - These can take 3-10 days, items will only be sent once payment has cleared
- Over the phone - We can accept payment with all major cards (excluding American Express) over the phone
- Bacs payment can be arranged, please contact us for account information
Only once payment has been received will goods be dispatched.Shipping & Returns
We aim to send all orders placed before 3pm GMT the same day, orders placed after this time will be sent next working day. Orders placed over the weekend (including bank holidays) will be sent on the next working day.
Occasionally an item may be out of stock or needs to be made by our factory, in this case we will make sure it is dispatched as soon as possible. We will endeavour to make contact as soon as possible on receipt of the order if there will be a delay.
Moleroda closes over the Christmas period. The closure dates will be advertised in our shop and email correspondence. All items ordered over this time will be dispatched promptly on our return.
For items under 2kg we use Royal Mail 'Signed-For' service. Normally items will arrive within 1-3 days, it is not a guaranteed service so please do contact us if your item has not arrived after a reasonable time.
For items over 2kg we send by courier, we use Interlink Express who normally deliver next day. If after a week the item has not arrived, please contact us and we will track the consignment.
Small International items will be sent by Royal Mail International Signed-For. These items are tracked until they leave the UK and will only be handed over on reachingits destination if a signature is obtained. This service aims to deliver between 3-5 working days in Europe and worldwide between 5 and 7 working days. We use Interlink for heavier parcels which arrive in a similar time frame.
- UK and Northern Ireland carriage is FREE
- If an item is undelivered we reserve the right to wait 15 days which is the length of time Royal Mail allows before a lost item form can be sent.
- All orders shipped outside the EU may be subject to local customs fees or duties. Duty, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility. Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to buying.
- If (in the unlikely event) the item that arrives is not what you ordered or is damaged/faulty, please contact us within 48hrs for a return or replacement.
- If the item does not meet your requirements such as it is the wrong size, please contact us within 48hrs and we will exchange the item where another size is available.
- If you change your mind for any reason, you may contact us to arrange a return within 14 days of it being dispatched to you. (Full refund given for unused products only).
- For all returns we ask that you package the item securely and include a brief cover note stating: Your User ID, The item you would like to return, the reason for the return and whether you would like a refund or a replacement. We will process your refund / replacement as soon as your item is received.
- Moleroda Finishing Systems Ltd,
Unit 5 Whaddon Business Park,
What is Ferrous Metal? Ferrous metal generally contains Iron and is usually (not always) magnetic. Examples are Mild Steel, Carbon Steel, Wrought Iron, Cast Iron, Surgical Steeland Stainless Steel.
What are Non-Ferrous Metals?Non-Ferrous metals are mainly metals or alloys not containing Iron such as Aluminium, Copper, Lead, Pewter, Titanium, Nickel, Tin and Precious Metals such as Silver.
How do I get compound onto the mops/bobs?Our compound is a made of oils and wax therefore it needs heat to melt. To load it onto a mop or bob you simply need to spin the bob or mop against the compound bar. A thin head of compound is needed with regular top ups as you go along. Too much compound will reduce the effectiveness of the abrasive action and create lots of residue.
What is all this black stuff?That black stuff is a good sign...you don't want too much of it (you could be using too much compound) but it is a sign that the polishing is working. You'll always get this residue. It is best to always remove it quickly before the metal cools. To do this use Vienna Lime and a soft lint free cloth to wipe over the surface (available in our shop). The other method is warm soapy (washing up liquid is best) water and a bit of elbow grease being careful not to scratch the metal.
Spindles, Collets, Chucks I'm Confused! This can be the biggest area of confusion in polishing. Rotary tools such as drills, hobby drills, Dremels, pendant motors etc take items on a spindle (the metal shaft that goes into the drill).
A chuck will clamp down onto the spindle so the important thing to consider is the maximum and minimum size you can fit in when choosing a kit.
Collets sit inside the hand piece and come in specific sizes the most common of which are 2.35mm (3/32''), 3mm, 1/8'', 6mm in order of size. It is important that you know what size collets your tool comes with as the same size spindle is needed.
Dremels often cause confusion as older models vary from newer models, you'll note that in our listings for 'dremel style' kits we include the instruction to check what size your particular tool takes.
We often find that our customers can make mistakes finishing the right size. If you do get the wrong size, no problem just let us know within 48hrs and we'll arrange an exchange for the correct size spindle. If in any doubt, please contact us before purchase.
I can't find the right size! We manufacture a large percentage of our items, if you can't find the right size please contact us as we may well be able to supply it in the right size.
I can't find what I'm looking for! We have a huge range of products (not all on ), if you can't find exactly what you're after please contact us.
Why am I not getting a very good finish?Polishing is incredibly dependant on a number of factors, technique, pressure, heat, preparation. Our kits are designed to be as simple as possible, we know they're good as we've sold thousands over the years. However we know that not everyone polishes the same. There are a few points to consider if you aren't getting a great finish.
- Did you prepare the surface with wet and dry or similar to smooth out heavy scratches and pits. Otherwise you'll just be creating the shiniest scratches in town.
- Did you spend long enough on the cutting stage, this is the first compound which flattens the surface and reduces scratches. If you didn't you'll still be able to see scratches and marks, even if they are shiny.
- The surface is cloudy and swirled. We recommend using Vienna Lime and a soft cloth to clean up after polishing. It'll remove the polishing 'haze'.
- Is the finish just not quite as shiny as you'd hoped, it's pretty good but not 'the best'. We have a couple of amazing compounds which will take the finish up that final notch. FF9 is described as the 'Ultimate Finishing Bar' - does what it says on the tin but you will need a good finish for this to work at its best.
- Are you keeping your mops clean? We recommend that only one compound is used on each mop, if you keep them in separate bags that keeps them ultra clean. Bits of grit or other compounds will create fine scratches. Using a mop dresser regularly will also keep mops in good condition and working to their best.
- Are you using too much pressure or not enough? If you're too gentle not enough heat will build up to get the compound working. Too much pressure and the heat will build up and you can create all sort of dips, discolouration, orange peel etc.
- Polishing takes a bit of time to get the knack of, but once you've got it you'll be away.
Do you sell ....on its own?Is there a specific item you like, chances are if it's something we make it will be available to buy separately. Please contact us.Contact Us
Moleroda Finishing Systems Ltd,
Unit 5 Whaddon Business Park,
Tel: 01722 711988