Civil War Letters, Photo, Covers Lot, Soldier; Richmond
This item has been shown 0 times.
Civil War Letters, Photo, Covers Lot, Soldier; Richmond:
Civil War Letters, CDVPhotos, Covers Lot, Soldier; Richmond
Civil War paper, ephemera lot, misc items.
- 1864 Ballard House, Richmond Virginia - Interesting 4pp letter signed Alfred to wife re his efforts to procure some items for her in Confederate Richmond. "The Flannel, starch sugar &c can be had - I have bought you some good Laudanum & Paragoric..."; "Everything is high here - Ballard House $20 pr day."
- Andrew Johnson, president;Lincoln VP; CDV
- Mrs [George]McClellan - sketch CDV
- 1864 Bolinas Heights, Camp 12th PA Cav, Sept. 6. 2pp. Complete, but soldier doesn't sign name. Wants father go get his bounty.
- n.d. 3pp letter George H Foster to brother re news position at the Marshall Co Times. No war content, but patriotic postal cover, "Stand by the Flag."
- (4) misc covers, two unused; one sentfrom Natchez Miss, Jan 5, 1865; andWestborough Ms, Sept 4, 1861, stamp removed.
Appx (9) items total