July 24th, 2014 Pioneer Day July 24th, 2014 Laylat al-Qadr July 27th, 2014 Parents' Day July 28th, 2014 World Hepatitis Day July 29th, 2014 Eid-al-Fitr July 30th, 2014 World Friendship Day August 5th, 2014 Tisha B'Av August 9th, 2014 World Indigenous Peoples’ Day August 11th, 2014 Victory Day August 12th, 2014 International Youth Day August 15th, 2014 'Bennington Battle Day' observed August 15th, 2014 Statehood Day in Hawaii August 15th, 2014 Assumption of Mary August 16th, 2014 Bennington Battle Day August 19th, 2014 National Aviation Day August 19th, 2014 World Humanitarian Day August 23rd, 2014 World Day for Slave Trade Abolition
New 196 Stun Gun & Taser(tm) Patents On Cd-rom For Sale
NOTICE TO : ALL PATENTS IN THIS CD-ROM COLLECTION
HAVE ALWAYS BEEN IN THE PUBLIC DOMAIN AND HAVE NEVER BEEN COPYRIGHTED. THEY ARE
GOVERNMENT DOCUMENTS ISSUED BY THE U.S. PATENT AND TRADEMARK OFFICE AND AS SUCH
ARE NOT SUBJECT TO COPYRIGHT LAWS. I AM THE OWNER OF THE COPYRIGHT ON THIS SPECIFIC PATENT COLLECTION.
Electroshock & TAZER (TM)-type stun guns are relatively recent developments in which miniaturized solid-state electronic components & circuits have led to the development of hand-portable devices that can temporarily incapacitate another person.
All of these devices rely on electronic circuitry to convert the low voltage of a common dry cell battery into a large, high-voltage charge in a capacitor that is connected to the weapon's paired electrodes. When placed in contact with another person, the capacitor discharges in a controlled, pulsed manner that disrupts that person's neuromuscular system for a period of time, rendering them harmless.
These types of systems can be categorized as follows:
- Direct contact stun guns in whichthe contacts are fixed on the unit.
- Conductive fluid systems in which two jets of conductive liquid are pumped at the other person, delivering the electric energy at a distance.
- Projected contact systems in which the contacts are connected to the master unit by thin wires. They are propelled toward the other person by gas when the unit is triggered. The barbed contacts embed themselves in the other person & the electric energy is delivered. These are the TASER (TM) type of stun gun.
- Projectiles that generate the incapacitating charge on impact via a piezoelectric transducer.
- Projectiles that incorporate their own computer-controlled power supply & electrodes & that can be fired from modified 12-gauge shotguns (Taser(TM) XREP(TM) system).
- Directed energy systems in which the charge is sent through a conductive air channel without the need for wires or liquids.
Included in this collection are a complete set of patents on the design & operation of all stun weapons of the types listed including design of the basic units & referenced power supply patents.
The patents are in pdf file format. Adobe Reader (free download) or equivalent & a Mac or PC computer with a CD drive are required to view these patents, which are searchable by patent number, & patent class.
This collection is a must for any student of military technology or mechanical engineering ormilitary weapons development. It is also a valuable reference for inventors interested in new designs of weapons of this type.
(After reviewing these patents, it seems that there is a lot of room for innovation & new product development in this area).
DISCLAIMER: This collection is offered for historical and informational purposes only. Buyer assumes all responsibility for all uses of this product beyond those listed.
On Sep-26-08 at 08:26:29 PDT, seller added the following information:
TAZER (R) (TM) & XREP (R)(TM)are registered traedemarks of TASER International, Inc.
On Oct-31-08 at 14:20:20 PDT, seller added the following information:
ATTENTION: I am selling a CD-ROM with patent pdfs, not stun guns. Don't ask because I only sell CD-ROMS.
This item has been shown 85793 times.
New 196 Stun Gun & Taser(tm) Patents On Cd-rom: $19