Nigerian Mask 'festival' Hand Carved & Beaded Wood Wall Art Novica West Africa
This item has been shown 2 times.
Nigerian Mask 'festival' Hand Carved & Beaded Wood Wall Art Novica West Africa:
eb29442 eb38235 nv44202 nv64003 TL4 SL0 Nigerian wood mask, 'Festival'
Intricately illuminated in colorful beadwork, this extraordinary mask showcases Victor Yao Delanyo's design vision. He sculpts the piece from sese wood and achieves the deep, rich color with mansion polish. Named "Festival," the work is typical of pieces exhibited in Nigeria's annual "Festac" – Festival of Arts and Crafts.
Artist: Victor Yao Delanyo
MORE FROM THIS ARTISTItem Details Size
24.0 inches H x 12.5 inches W x 4.7 inches DWeight 8.16 pounds Materials Beadwork on sese wood
Photos are representative of the item being offered, but are not necessarily of the exact item you would receive. As is the nature of handcrafted items, there may be very slight variations from one piece to the next.See Listing InfoCURRENT PRICE: US $255.95SUGGESTED RETAIL
Our prices are significantly lower than suggested retail amounts. By cutting out all traditional middlemen we can bring you the best prices on the highest quality items, direct from the region of origin.Shipping Information SHIPPING TO USA (LOWER 48 STATES) Shipping Services Shipping Cost Delivery Time Standard to Lower 48 United States $9.00 7 to 20 business days Expedited to Lower 48 United States $66.00 2 to 6 business days WE SHIP TO OVER 100 DESTINATIONS! Destination Shipping Cost Delivery Time Australia $158.00 3 to 8 business days (excluding Customs processing time at destination) Canada $124.00 3 to 8 business days (excluding Customs processing time at destination) Puerto Rico & US Virgin Islands $32.00 2 to 5 weeks USA (Alaska or Hawaii)
Standard Same as Standard
$9.00 10 to 24 business days USA (Alaska or Hawaii)
Expedited $66.00 3 to 10 business days United Kingdom $106.00 3 to 8 business days (excluding Customs processing time at destination) COMBINED SHIPPING FOR MULTIPLE sales
- If you win multiple sales that will ship from the same country, you may qualify for a combined shipping discount.
- IMPORTANT: In order to qualify for a combined shipping discount, you must pay for all qualifying items at the same time.
- Want to save on shipping? Find other items that ship from our West Africa office: Shop more from West Africa
- Ships direct from NOVICA office in Ghana.
- Shipping costs include insurance.
- For USA (50 states): Shipping costs cover all import fees.
- Sales tax will be added for all items shipped to California, Missouri or Texas.
- For Non-USA: Customers are responsible for all duty, tax, & brokerage fees that may be due upon delivery (shipping costs cover freight charges only).
- There will be a charge for all refused / unclaimed shipments
- We can ship orders with Standard shipping service to the USA to a PO Box. Orders with Expedited shipping and those shipping outside the USA require a physical address. Sorry, we are not able to ship to APO/FPO addresses at this time.
- For expedited or international shipping fees, you must manually "Add" the additional amount when paying by Paypal. For example, if you want the 8.00 Expedited shipping and the Standard shipping is 5.00, you must "Add" an additional 3.00 to your payment.
- All major credit cards accepted.
- Paypal accepted.
- Payment must be made within 7 business days.
- Positive response will be given within 20 days after you have received the item.
"My works have been exhibited in the United States, as well as in Germany, Belgium, France and Australia."
"My name is Victor Yao Delanyo; I was born in January 28, 1966 in the Volta Region of Ghana. I completed my elementary school education in 1982. Due to financial difficulties I could not further my education, so I joined my brother-in-law who was a master carver, specializing in traditional African objects. I have been working independently for the past ten years and I am proud to mention that my works have been exhibited in the United States, as well as in Germany, Belgium, France and Australia. "I work with ten experienced carvers. We acquire a type of hardwood known as sese for carving masks. The image is first sketched on paper, and then given to the apprentices to carve. We chip at the wood to get the desired figure or shape, then use sandpaper and polish to achieve a smooth object of good quality. I use red and black emulsion paint for the finishing. Other materials used to decorate and preserve our works are metal plates and sometimes clay."
MORE FROM THE ARTIST More NOVICA Treasures...
In association with National Geographic, NOVICA is the largest seller of quality handcrafted fair trade goods on and has been actively saleing rare artisan crafts since 1998.LEARN MORE ABOUT NOVICA ALL JEWELRY ALL DECOR CLOTHING &
ACCESSORIES PAINTINGS RINGS BRACELETS NECKLACES EARRINGS SCULPTURE MASKS LAMPS & LIGHTING AREA RUGS TABLEWARE FURNITURE JEWELRY BOXES HAMMOCKS