The Crecy Medieval War Full Tang Tempered Battle Ready Handmade Sharp Edge Sword
This item has been shown 0 times.
The Crecy Medieval War Full Tang Tempered Battle Ready Handmade Sharp Edge Sword:
The Crecy was one of the most decisive battles of the 100 Years War. After the battle of Sluys, Edward III landed in Normandy in July 1346 with about 10,000 men. The French pursued. Edward III decided to halt near Crecy in Normandy and to prepare for battle the next day. However, the French vanguard made contact and started to attack without the benefit of a plan. The French made as many as 15 attacks and the English checked each one in turn, primarily thanks to the English long bowmen. In the end, the French were decimated and the English had a decisive victory. The Crecy is one type of sword that would have seen service on both sides during the 100 Years War. Oakeshott describes the Type XVIa as having a long, tapering blade, broad at the hilt, with a sharp, often reinforced, point. The Crecy is a fine example of a later period epee de guerre, or war sword, a refinement of the earlier XIIa in response to changes in the armor of the period.
*** FULL TANG TEMPERED BATTLE READY SWORD ***
Blade material:1065/1095 High Carbon Steel
Blade:Full Tang, BLUNT EDGE *( NOT SHARP)
Weight W/O Scabbard:3 lbs0oz
Weight W/Scabbard:3lbs 10 oz
Lower 48 states:Free
AK, HI, & PR:$20
- All continentals USA orders normally ship out within 24-48 hours after receipt of payment.
- Orders shipped through the Post Office may take up to a week for shipment.
- Maryland residents will be charged 6% sales tax.
- We reserve the right to delay shipment while any payment clears.
- Absolutely all packages shipped in the continental USA & Canada are shipped via UPS , FED EX or USPS .
- Packages to Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico will be shipped through the US Postal Service. Packages shipped through the Post Office may take up to a week to ship.
Your satisfaction is important to our company! We accept returns for an exchange, credit, or refund within 15 days of the item(s) ship date. You must contact us to request a Return Authorization Number (RAN). Any item returned without a (RAN) enclosed will be refused and returned to the sender. Items have to be in their original condition, not worn, or altered. We DO NOT reimburse the return shipping. Any exchange, credit or refund will be for the original price paid, subtracting the shipping, handling and 15% restocking fee unless the item is defective. A refund will be issued within 4 business days after receipt of the item. If we feel that the return policy is being abused we reserve the right to refuse any exchange, credit or refund.