The Old Testament Book In Hebrew & English, Jewish Christian Bible Tanach/tanakh
This item has been shown times.
The Old Testament Book In Hebrew & English, Jewish Christian Bible Tanach/tanakh:
Old Testament Hebrew Bible Book, Hebrew - English, Brand New
Soft cover small and handy, written in Hebrew with English translation. The English translation is written in very small fonts
Size (Height x Width x Thickness) : 6.7 x 4.7 x 1.6 inch / 17 x 12 x 4 cm
Weight : 1.8 lb / 0.8 kg
Printed and shipped from Israel
According to Jewish tradition, the Tanakh consists of twenty-four books.
The Tanakh counts as one book that is sometimes counted as two in Christian Bibles (e.g. 1 and 2 Samuel, 1 and 2 Kings and so forth), and counts Trei Asar (תרי עשר, the Twelve Prophets; though literally, "twelve") as a single book.Torah Main article: Torah
Torah (תּוֹרָה, literally "teaching") consists of five books, commonly referred to as the "Five Books of Moses." Printed versions of the Torah are often called Chamisha Chumshei Torah (חמישה חומשי תורה, literally the "five fifths of the Torah"), and informally a Chumash.
In Hebrew, the books of the Torah are identified by the first prominent word in each book. The English names are derived from the Greek names given to the books in the Septuagint, which are based on the thematic content of each of the books, as follows:1. Bereshith - Genesis2. Shemot - Exodus3. Vayikra - Leviticus4. Bamidbar - Numbers5. Devarim - Deuteronomy Nevi'im Main article: Nevi'im
Nevi'im (נְבִיאִים, "Prophets") consists of eight books. This division includes the books which, as a whole, cover the chronological era from the entrance of the Israelites into the Land until the Babylonian captivity of Judah (the "period of prophecy"). However, they exclude Chronicles, which covers the same period. The Nevi'im are often divided into the Earlier Prophets (נביאים ראשונים), which are generally historical in nature, and the Later Prophets (נביאים אחרונים), which contain more exhortational prophecies.
Although most versions of the Old Testament count the number of books as totalling 21, counting the books of Samuel and Kings as two books each, and the "Twelve Prophets" (or the minor prophets) as 12 books, Jewish tradition does not:6. (יהושע / Y'hoshua) - Joshua7. (שופטים / Shophtim) - Judges8. (שמואל / Sh'muel) - Samuel (I & II)9. (מלכים / M'lakhim) - Kings (I & II)10. (ישעיה / Y'shayahu) - Isaiah11. (ירמיה / Yir'mi'yahu) - Jeremiah12. (יחזקאל / Y'khezqel) - Ezekiel13. The Twelve Prophets (תרי עשר) a. (הושע / Hoshea) - Hoseab. (יואל / Yo'el) - Joelc. (עמוס / Amos) - Amosd. (עובדיה / Ovadyah) - Obadiahe. (יונה / Yonah) - Jonahf. (מיכה / Mikhah) - Micahg. (נחום / Nakhum) - Nahumh. (חבקוק /Havakuk) - Habakkuki. (צפניה / Ts'phanyah) - Zephaniahj. (חגי / Khagai) - Haggaik. (זכריה / Z'kharyah) - Zechariahl. (מלאכי / Mal'akhi) - Malachi Ketuvim Main article: Ketuvim
Ketuvim (כְּתוּבִים, "Writings") are sometimes also known by the Greek title "Hagiographa" and consists of 11 books. These encompass all the remaining books, and include the Five Megillot (Five Scrolls). They are sometimes also divided into such categories as Sifrei Emet (ספרי אמת, literally "Books of Truth") of Psalms, Proverbs and Job (the Hebrew names of these three books form the Hebrew word for "truth" as an acrostic, and all three books have unique cantillation marks), the "wisdom books" of Job, Ecclesiastes, and Proverbs, the "poetry books" of Psalms, Lamentations and Song of Songs, and the "historical books" of Ezra-Nehemiah and Chronicles. In the Jewish version, Ketuvim consists of 11 books, counting Ezra and Nehemiah as one book and I and II Chronicles as a single book.
The "Sifrei Emet," "Books of Truth":14. (תהלים / Tehillim) - Psalms15. (משלי / Mishlei) - Proverbs16. (איוב / Iyov) - Job
The "Five Megilot" or "Five Scrolls":17. (שיר השירים / Shir Hashirim) - Song of Songs18. (רות / Rut) - Ruth19. (איכה / Eikhah) - Lamentations20. (קהלת / Kohelet) - Ecclesiastes21. (אסתר / Esther) - Esther
The rest of the "Writings":22. (דניאל / Dani'el) - Daniel23. (עזרא ונחמיה / Ezra v'Nechemia) - Ezra-Nehemiah24. (דברי הימים / Divrei Hayamim) - Chronicles (I & II)
Feel free toemail us with any question
Liorel, Art from IsraelFind a special gift
Uniqueart works & gifts, handmade by Israeli artists
Vintageantiques & collectibles from the early days of Israel
Ordering & Shipping Information
- Shipping Worldwide from Israel. All orders are insured for loss or damage
- Shipping Options: Express, Standard and Sea mail. By default, Parcels up to 2 kg will be sent by standard Airmail and over 2 kg by Express mail. Shipping by sea is cheaper and takes over a month, please contact us for a quote
- ShippingTime (to most places in the world): Standard mail: 7-14 business days (1-2 weeks), Express mail: 4-5 business days, Sea Mail (Economy) – 1-2 months
- Shipping Enquiries: Delivery depends on the mail services of your country and delivery times of up to one month can occur in few cases (like holiday times or distant locations). Please contact us if you didn’t receive your order within 4 weeks, we will solve the problem with you to your full satisfaction. Remember, once we post your order in the post office we depend on the mail services to do their job efficiently and fast.
- Combined Shipping: We will be happy to combine shipping costs and help you save as possible. If you think of purchasing other items from store please let us know so we can hold your order, and when finished shopping ask us to send a combined invoice by clicking "Request Total from Seller".
- Shipping price is determined according to weight and includes the cost of Insurance,handling and packaging labor and packing materials
- Domestic handling time for Handcrafted / Handmade items may take 6-8 business days, or more as stated in the description
- Wrapping and packing are done with great care, using the proper padding and packaging materials, to insure safe arrival of the goods
- Payment - All major credit cards are accepted with Paypal. Payment must be made within two weeks. If you need more time please let us know in advance.
- 100% customer satisfaction guaranteed. If you're not satisfied - we're not satisfied.
For more informationplease see our Ordering & ShippingPage
Thank you for visiting
Similar words : Jewish praying synagogue Ashkenazi Sefardi Sefaradi prayer service temple minyan Shaharit Mincha Minkha Arvith Arvit succot succoth Sukkot Sukot Shavuos shavuot shavuoth pessach Pessah pesach pesah pasach Passover shul temple service center Yom Kippur Kipur atonement days yamim noraim new year rosh hashanah Hashana Judaica Shabbat Shabat Sabbath Judaism jew
Similar words : synagogue prayer
service temple minyan Shaharit
Arvith Arvit succot succoth shavuot shavuoth pessach pesach pasach Passover
Kipur rosh hashanah Related subjects: Zion, Judaism, religious,
script, Hebrew, sifrei kodesh,jewish, jew,jews, Judaism, bible, seforin,
sefarim, kodesh book, old, antique, , halacha, ,halakha, rabbi,
antiquarian .juif, juive, juden , Judisch, Judische, Bucher, Ebreo,
Hebreo, Art, Artist, Artistic, Artists, Illustration, Illustrato,
, judio, Shabbat Kodesh Sabbath Blessing Sabath times Sabat kabbalat
Shabos Shabbes Mezuzah case parchment Shema Yisrael Shma Israel kosher
Tnach Torah bible Gvil Ashkenazi Sephardi Sepharadic Beit Yosef Ari
Judaica Hebräisch Hebrew psalms judisch Judisches Jew Mitzvah Rabbi
Holy Shabes Kabalat Shabbas Shabat candles Chabbat Kiddush Chabat
Schabbat Schabbos Schabes judisch Mitzvah jew Blessing Jewish festival
Passover table Spring festival Pesach Pesah Israelites Israeli 12 tribes
Israel Pessachten commandments Bnei yisrael people of Israel tables
of the covenant Tradition Religion Ritual Mitzvah Torah Shalom Israeli
calendar Shofar Ram horn Praying Prayer Tefila Synagogue Beit Knesset
Bible Mishnah Halakha Halacha Torah Tanakh Yiddish Siddur, Holy Temple
Jerusalem, Beit Ha-Mikdash. High Holidays,Sukot Sukkot Yom Kippur Beit
Ha-Mikdash, hasidic Ashkenaz, ashkenazic judaism Holy Land Canaan Yerushalayim,
yerushalem, yerushalaim Torah
Tora bible bilical