October 23rd, 2014 Diwali/Deepavali October 24th, 2014 United Nations Day October 24th, 2014 World Development Information Day October 25th, 2014 Muharram/Islamic New Year October 27th, 2014 World Day for Audiovisual Heritage October 29th, 2014 World Stroke Day October 31st, 2014 Halloween October 31st, 2014 Nevada Day November 1st, 2014 All Saints November 1st, 2014 All Saints' Day November 2nd, 2014 All Souls' Day November 2nd, 2014 Daylight Saving Time ends November 4th, 2014 Election Day November 6th, 2014 World Day to Protect the Environment in War November 6th, 2014 Return Day Delaware November 10th, 2014 World Science Day November 11th, 2014 Veterans Day November 14th, 2014 World Diabetes Day November 16th, 2014 International Day for Tolerance November 16th, 2014 World Day for Road Traffic Victims November 19th, 2014 International Men's Day November 20th, 2014 Africa Industrialization Day November 20th, 2014 World Philosophy Day November 20th, 2014 Universal Children's Day November 21st, 2014 World Television Day
5 Piece Gorham Queen Anne Style Sterling Silver Coffee Tea Set For Sale
This is a 5 Piece Gorham Sterling Silver coffee/tea set in their Queen Ann Style. It is beauitfully styled, simple, and elegant. It includes a coffee pot, tea pot, creamer, sugar bowl with lid, and waste bowl. The handles of coffee/tea pot are made out of wood. I will let the pictures of this beautiful set to speak for themselves.
I believe these items were made in 1945. The underneath of each piece is marked with the number "5" in a square. The square corresponds to the decade 1940 and 5 corresponds to the year; hence 1945.
The entire set weighs apporximately 82.2ounces (2331 grams) and the breakdown of individual items are as follows:
1) Coffee pot weighs 23.4 ounces (664 grams). It measures 7 7/8inches in height and 8 inches in width including handle.
2) Tea pot weights 28.1 ounces (797 grams). It measures9 inchesin height and 8 1/4 inches in width including handle.
3) Sugar bowl weighs 15.7 ounces (445 grams). It measures 4 inches in height including lid and 7inches in diameter including handles and 4 inches without handles.
4) Creamer weighs7.7 ounces (218 grams). It measures 4 1/2 inches in height and 4 1/2 inchesin width including handle.
5) Waste bowl weighs7.3 ounces (207 grams). It measures 2 1/2 inches in height and 4 1/2 inches in diameter.
Each item is fully hallmarked with the appropriate Gorham markings as 1) "Gorham" 2) "Sterling" 3) Gorham symbols: Lion, Anchor and G 4)Number five enclosed by a square set is in amazing condition. There is only one small dent on the creamer (See photo) and minor surface scratches on all of the itemswhich are due to use over the years. Each piece is monogrammed with a stylish "S" on one side (Please see photos). The lids of all items close nicely without any issues. Please note that these items are used and a certain amount of wear and tear should be expected.
Please let me know if you have any questions and I will answer them accordingly. Good luck and happy offerding.