Churchill "man Of The Century" Sept. 23, 1962, Chicago Sunday American "weekly"
This item has been shown 11 times.
Churchill "man Of The Century" Sept. 23, 1962, Chicago Sunday American "weekly":
This 16-page "The American Weekly," a Chicago Sunday American newspaper supplement section to the issue of Sept. 23, 1962, is adapted from Man of the Century, Churchill, a book by Richard Harrity & Ralph G. Martin. With more than 60 black-&-white photos, the section captures in rich reporting & quintessential quotations the life & legacy of Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill from his premature birth to an American mother & British Lord in a small cloakroom to his historic leadership & service on the world stage. The excellent condition section, which measures about 10-3/4 inches by 12-3/4 inches, has only very minor edge tears (see the lower right of my Photograph 1) & some yellowing after more than 57 years.
MY PHOTOGRAPHS: Carefully check out all of them, because they're an important part of my listings' descriptions & details & may show something important to you that I didn't mention.
SHIPPING & COMBINED SHIPPING: Items are shipped as soon as possible within 2 business days. If it's possible & advantageous to combine shipping for more than one purchase, then there may be some savings if you buy more than one item before the first item is invoiced or shipped.
30-DAY RETURNS: If any item (or items) listed proves to be significantly different from its description in words & Photographs, then return of the item (or items) will be accepted within 30 days of the original delivery date & the purchase price will be refunded, less PayPal's refund fee. Shipping costs to & from the buyer & any damage to the item remain the responsibility of the buyer.FREE BOOKMARK & response: A bookmark is enclosed with each purchase as a free gift, which I try to relate to the purchase. After delivery, positive response--even just a couple of words--is both appreciated & given.OTHER ITEMS FOR SALE: Since all fulcircle items offer both starting sale offers & Buy-It-Now prices, any item purchased at any time may make the below Aug. 9 list of available items incorrect until it can again be updated. For these & any more recent listings, click on "see other items" in the "Seller information" box at the top right of each of fulcircle's listings or search for seller:fulcircle to see all of my listings. Note: the ful in fulcircle has only one l.
PUBLICATIONS, SOME VINTAGE:
- Black & White Major Survey of U.S. Racial Attitudes 32 pages excerpted from the Aug. 22, 1966, Newsweek magazine;
- THE ROAD TO INTEGRATION, Gannett Newspapers 1960s Pulitzer Citation for Public Service;
- March 23, 1965, LOOK Magazine Report by Robert Penn Warren on "The Negro Now";
- April 12, 1968 LIFE issue: Martin Luther King's "Murder in Memphis" Exclusive Pictures;
- 6 L.A. STYLE 1987-88 issues lot: film, fashion, forecasts, fabulous fotos & ads;
- "Persons of the Drama in Edward's Abdication," a rotogravure sheet from the Dec. 13, 1936, Chicago Sunday Tribune; &
- Churchill "Man Of The Century" Sept. 23, 1962, Chicago Sunday American "The American Weekly" Magazine;
POSTCARDS & POSTAL CARDS, SOME VINTAGE:
- 31 vintage Chicago postcards; 10 by Curteich; Navy Pier, State St., Outer Drive;
- 25 vintage Chicagoland postcards: 10 of parks, Lake Shore Dr., Michigan Ave.;
- 9 vintage Chicago Art Institute postcards: American Gothic; Song Of The Lark;
- autographed by Thundercloud vintage 1940s Chicago Olson Rug Co. Park postcard;
- 7 vintage Brookfield Zoo Chicago postcards: panda, bears, apes, elephants, giraffes+;
- 6 vintage Chicago Adler Planetarium And Astronomical Museum postcards;
- 7 vintage postcards from the Chicago Historical Society History Museum;
- 23 vintage religious postcards of Catholic & Christian churches, chapels, & missions +a 14-view grotto folder;
- 10 vintage "Come To Sunday School" Christian colorful postcards: 7 from A-C Press;
- 9 vintage Chicago sports sites postcards: Wrigley, Comiskey, Soldier Field, Stadium, Coliseum ++++;
- 22 mostly vintage U.S. postal cards with printed postage from 1 to 15 cents +CZ & USO; &
- 6 Las Vegas & 10 Hawaii hotel postcards, some vintage & some of luxury resorts;
- 1967 Mercury Automobile Registered Owner's Manual First Printing July 1966;
- 1976 Chevrolet Light Duty Truck (gasoline) Owner's and Driver's Manual;
- 1980 Chevrolet Blazer & Suburban Owner's and Driver's Manual;
- 1982 Oldsmobile Delta 88, 98, Custom Cruiser, & Toronado Models Owner's Manual;
- 1996 Chevrolet Tahoe & Suburban Owner's Manual C9609 B First Edition;
- 2 identical 1999 Pontiac Grand Am sales brochures with J.D. Power ranking sleeves;
- 2 Schaper Mfg. Co. Stomper 4x4 toy vehicles: Rampage 111 & Blazer 505;
- 2 Disney toy cars: Winnie The Pooh Burago Fiat & No. 1 Mickey Mouse diecast racing car;
- an orange 2-1/2 inches long toy International Bulldozer made in Hong Kong;
- a matched set of 2 U.S. Army personal vehicle license plates from 1980s Germany;
- a 1976 matched set of Illinois red, white, & blue U.S. Bicentennial license plates;
- a 1976 sequential set of Illinois red, white, & blue U.S. Bicentennial license plates;
- a good condition 1977 Illinois Land Of Lincoln license plate "508 804";
- a good condition 1978 Illinois Land Of Lincoln license plate "FJC 76";
- a 1984 Illinois RV (Recreation Vehicle) license plate for den, man cave, or garage;
- a good condition 1985 Nebraska license plate "15-G228" with a "JAN 85" sticker;
- a 1991 Maine Vacationland lobster silhouette license plate w/ "DEC" & "Maine 91" stickers;
- an about 1995 Nevada The Silver State ram & scenery silhouettes license plate; &
- an about 1998 good condition Connecticut Constitution State license plate "243-MOA";
CHINA ITEMS, SOME VINTAGE:
- 2 vintage mini demitasse cups hand painted with birds & flowers in Occupied Japan;
- a vintage Edwin M. Knowles China Co. Vitreous creamer 17-2-10 with flowers & gold trim;
- 1 Johnson Bros. England "Winchester Design" saucer with red flowers & green leaves;
- 2 Johnson Bros. England "English Bouquet Design" saucers with large colorful flowers; &
- 3 Johnson Bros. England "Old English Design" saucers with birds & flowers;
ADDITIONAL ITEMS, SOME VINTAGE:
- an empty AVON 8-1/2" tall "Catch-A-Fish Field Flowers Cologne" figurine bottle;
- an empty AVON 3" tall "Christmas Surprise Sweet Honesty Cologne" green boot bottle; &
- start with separated edge pieces on this 1,000-piece Wizard Riding Dragon puzzle.