Framed Shamrock V Half Model Americas Cup J Boat W/sail For Sale
Framed Shamrock V Half Model Americas Cup J Boat w/Sail Framed Shamrock V 1930 J Class Yacht Half Model With Sails
This expert level, highly detailed, museum quality, Shamrock V 1930 half model is brand new, fully assembled and ready for display (not a kit).
This America's Cup J Class half model was crafted in mahogany and tropical hard woods by the traditional plank on bulkhead method. After the bulkheads are laid and the hull lines trued, the hull is planked with individual wooden strips to form a smooth silhouette.
The Shamrock V Yacht model is then sanded, hand painted with dark green topsides, white cove stripe and a white boot stripe. The hull is stained and varnished to a mirror-like finish. The half model is then mounted in a ready to hang Brasilian mahogany with clear plexiglas backing frame. There also is a clear plexiglas front piece to protect the model from dust, fingers and to preserve it for years to come.
What makes this a half model as opposed to a half hull model is the intricate deck details such as deckhouse, hatches, winches, coffee grinders, vents and a steering wheel.
Included with this America's Cup half model are the mast and sails with detailed rigging.
The half model is built exactly to scale as the original Shamrock J Class yacht was. The task required skillful craftsmen hundreds of hours to accomplish.
The Art of making half hulls is as old as ship building itself! Half Hulls were crafted by ship builders to give three-dimensional shape to their hull designs.
The Shamrock V was launched by Sir Thomas Lipton after his fourth had lost. For his challenger, Lipton turned once more to Charles Nicholson, who produced a beautiful J Boat.
When the races started, Shamrock found herself pitted against Enterprise. In the best-of-seven series Enterprise won four, Shamrock failed to score a single victory. The Shamrock V is still sailing and racing today.
A great video of the Shamrock V under sail can be viewed at this link (copy and paste into your browser): model has been built according to the new Shamrock V after its refit in England.
The framed half model measures 23.7"(60.2 cm) H x 20"(50.8 cm) W x 3.25"(8.25 cm) D. It's a beautiful half model J Class yacht that is sure to become a prized family heirloom.
Many More Americas Cup Half Hull Models Are Available.
Highlights about this America's Cup half model yacht:
- 100% hand crafted using “plank on bulkhead” construction method.
- Hand sanded hulls are finished with marine varnishes and polyurethane paint.
- Size Frame: 23.7" overall height x 20" width x 3.25" depth
- Condition: New (fully assembled)
- Hundreds of hours where required to finish this half model sailboat.
- Made of the finest mahogany and tropical hard wood.
- Extensive research through original plans and pictures make this model authentic.
- This model went through a demanding quality control process before leaving the buy with confidence-100% money-back guarantee
Please browse in Capt.JimsCar-go for more Half Hull Boat Models, Museum Quality Ship Models, Old World Style Globe Hidden Bars, Nautical End Tables, XL Teak Ship Wheels, Nautical Telescopes and more...To browse more items - Click on the Logo below
(close the new window to return to this item)
- We accept PayPal (which
includes Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express and e-checks). Payment is expected within 7 days
after sale closes. After that the item will be re listed.
- With ProPay we also accept credit cards Mastercard,
Visa, Discover® & American Express®.
Buyers please pay with PayPal.
- Massachusetts residents will be charged a 6.25% sales tax.
- Free shipping only within the continental 48 U.S. States
- Item will be shipped within 5 business days of payment received confirmation via UPS GROUND (approx. 2-5 business days within 48 states).
- A tracking number will be provided after the item has shipped out.
- All shipments are FULLY INSURED.
- Shipping is available to anywhere in the WORLD via Air Freight, please contact me for an exact quote.
- ALL INTERNATIONAL ORDERS ship from the Dominican Republic.
- If shipping is to be to Alaska, Puerto Rico or Hawaii, or any other part of the world, please contact me for the exact shipping.
- International buyers are responsible for all customs & import fees, please contact your local post office for rates.
Packing: We employ the latest packing techniques and monitoring devices to ensure proper handling. Items will be professionally and securely packed with foam sheets, peanuts or bubble wraps. Most of the items are shipped double boxes.
This item has been shown times.
Framed Shamrock V Half Model Americas Cup J Boat W/sail:
- We accept PayPal (which includes Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express and e-checks). Payment is expected within 7 days after sale closes. After that the item will be re listed.