Lord Of The Rings Book - 50th Anniversary Leather - New For Sale
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (50th Anniversary Leather Bound Edition)J. R. R. Tolkien EAN:978-0618517657 Format:Leather Bound Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (HMH) Published: October 2004
1. The Fellowship Of The Ring
2. The Two Towers
3. The Return of the King
The Fellowship of the Ring, part one of J.R.R. Tolkien's epic masterpiece, first reached these shores on October 21, 1954, arriving, as C. S. Lewis proclaimed, "like lightning from a clear sky."
Fifty years and over a hundred million readers later comes a beautiful new one-volume collector's edition befitting the stature of this crown jewel of our list. With a text fully corrected under the supervision of Christopher Tolkien to meet the author's exacting wishes, two large-format fold-out maps, a ribbon place-marker, gilded page edges, a color insert depicting Tolkien's own paintings of the Book of Mazarbul and exceptionally elegant and sturdy overall packaging housed within an attractive slipcase, this edition is the finest ever produced.
A one-volume collector's edition boxed and bound in handsome blue leather with gold foil stamping and large format fold-out maps containing the complete texts of The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers, and The Return of the King, and six appendices.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
In ancient times the Rings of Power were crafted by the Elven-smiths, and Sauron, The Dark Lord, forged the One Ring, filling it with his own power so that he could rule all others. But the One Ring was taken from him, and though he sought it throughout Middle-earth, it remained lost to him. After many ages it fell, by chance, into the hands of the hobbit, Bilbo Baggins.
From his fastness in the Dark Tower of Mordor, Sauron's power spread far and wide. He gathered all the Great Rings to him, but ever he searched far and wide for the One Ring that would complete his dominion.
On his eleventy-first birthday Bilbo disappeared, bequeathing to his young cousin Frodo the Ruling Ring and a perilous quest -- to journey across Middle-earth, deep into the shadow of the Dark Lord, and destroy the Ring by casting it into the Cracks of Doom.
The Lord of the Rings tells of the great quest undertaken by Frodo and the Fellowship of the Ring: Gandalf the Wizard, Merry, Pippin, and Sam, Gimli the Dwarf, Legolas the Elf, Boromir of Gondor, and a tall, mysterious stranger called Strider.
Leather Bound: 1184 pages
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin; 1 edition (October 21, 2004)
Product Dimensions: 10 x 6.6 x 2.7 inches
Shipping Weight: 4.5 pounds
PAYMENT AND SHIPPING:
* We accept Paypal and immediate payment is required. If you do not have Paypal we also accept bank deposit for Australian buyers and Mastercard and Visa via Paymate for all buyers.
* We offer FREE POSTAGE WORLDWIDE for this item. There are a few countries that we do not ship to. Pleaserefer to our exclusion list.
*All orders are shipped within two business days. Your item will be shipped direct from our UK or US supplier via Air Mail and will usually arrive within 7 - 20 business days of dispatch. Delivery time estimates are provide by our postal carriers and are used as a guide only. These delivery periods are not guaranteed.
* All items will be sent to the address selected at the Paypal checkout. Please ensure that delivery address is correct before you complete the payment as attempts to change delivery address after the order may not be successful.
* We do not offer combined shipping or postage discounts for multiple purchases as postage costs reflects the both the postage and handling charges for each item.
* Please note that the cover may differ from the image displayed in our listing, as publishers may update their cover image from time to time.
This item has been shown 22666 times.