Rare Vintage 1957 Wooden Haig & Haig “scots Whisky” Crate Great Condition
This item has been shown 0 times.
Rare Vintage 1957 Wooden Haig & Haig “scots Whisky” Crate Great Condition:
Vintage Wooden Haig & Haig “Scots Whisky” Crate from 1957
This is a vintage wooden Haig & Haig “Scots Whisky” crate made in 1957 from Haig & Haig Ltd. of Markinch, Scotland in great condition with well printed and preserved printed text. The black printing is still in very clear and intact condition. The “57” in the upper left-hand corner on one end indicates that the scotch was released for sale in 1957, at which point it was placed into the crate for shipping and sent to the USA. The “RED STRIP STAMPS” declaration printed on the bottom is unusually intact, clear and sharply printed (see bottom panel).
We took some steps to enhance the crate, including:
• Careful disassembly of the entire crate
• Sanding of the bottom panels on both sides
• Sanding of all 4 side panels, mostly on the inside. Light sanding is occasionally done on the outside panels to remove stains, paint, marker, pen, etc. with great care to avoid damaging the printed text
• Reassembling the crate with new nails
• Application of a clear, satin (non-glossy) polyurethane to all panels, inside and out
All of the wood is original to the crate. New nails were used to reassemble the crate as the original nails from 1957 were quite rusty.
Note: sometimes we choose not to use the original nail hole if it would compromise or weaken the wood in any way. Often the nail in the original hole caused the wood to split, which we will repair, so we avoid placing a new nail in a hole where we know it wood has been weakened or will split the wood again.
The crate sits well, is very sturdy and will not come apart.
Measurements (approximately): 13-1/8” x 13-1/4” x 9-3/4” (L x W x H).
Terms and Conditions: This vintage wooden Scotch crate is being soldas described and as displayed in the photos. We do not accept returns for any reason other than if something arrives completely broken and a photo must be emailed to us within 48 hours of receipt to validate before a refund can be issued. This is a vintage item and we are not representing “perfection” so please examine all the photos closely and the descriptions above before offerding.
We will pay the sales tax if the buyer is from New York State so no sales tax will be charged to the buyer.
We only accept PayPal for the method of payment. Payment must be received within 2 days (48 hours) of the sale closing time.
Shipping Options: The buyer pays the shipping cost and may select from these shipping options:
We will ship to a P.O. Box address if and only if:
- Priority Mail is selected as the shipping method
- The P.O Box address is the confirmed PayPal address.
Important Shipping Notes:
- FedEx will NOT deliver to a P.O Box so please do not select FedEx as the shipping option if you want this to be shipped to a P.O. Box. Please select Priority Mail if you wish this to be delivered to a P.O. box
- Insurance, all handling and materials are included in the shipping charge so we do not add extra cost for insurance or materials to the invoice
- We will ship only to the USA - no International Shipping
We should be able to pack and ship this item within 3 business days of the date payment is received – typically sooner. Packing is very important to us because we know it’s important to you. We take pride in packing all items extremely well and safely, which is reflected in our response. The tracking info will be posted on once the shipping label is generated.
response for the Buyer and Seller
I will leave you positive response upon receipt of your payment. Once you receive this item and are pleased with the purchase I would appreciate your leaving positive response for me on . Thanks.